The Liberian Entertainment Awards is the most celebrated Liberian event in the world. At this time of the year, Liberians gather together in the United States to celebrate the achievement of the Liberian industry the year prior. It's a time of excitement, controversy and anticipation for the nominees. Don't forget, it is also a time of glam, fashion and all things extravagant for those attending the awards ceremony. Getting prepare can become stressful for many. Here are few tips to help ease the tension.
1. Shelter: Book your hotel room at least three months prior. If there are other events going on in that city, you won't have to worry about all the hotels being booked. If you are planing to stay at a friend or family member's home, make sure to discuss about three months in advance.
2. Transportation: Book your plane ticket early to get a cheap price. Six months prior will be perfect and minimize travel stress. You also want to decide how you are going to get around that weekend of the event. If you are driving there, make sure your vehicle is service. If you are renting a car, you want to decide early the details, type of car you would like to rent, etc.
3. Fashion: Fashion is a big part of any awards show. You want to look your best. If you are getting a custom made outfit, seek out designers six month out. If you are buying your outfit already made, you want to order six months out. That will give you time to decide your colors, get your shoes and accessories ready and even makeup ideals square away.
4. Health: If you are uncomfortable with your weight, you want to start hitting the gym and eating healthy about six months prior. During the event, you want to look your best and feel your best.
5. Food: If you have plans to eat out for that weekend, you want to start searching for restaurants in the area three months prior.
6. Ticket: You want to buy your tickets to the event at least three months proir. The Liberian Entertainment Awards audience is growing yearly, you don't want the tickets to be sold out before you get yours.
7. Checklist complete: Two months before the event, you want to make sure everything on this list is completed. Now, you can just relax and look forward to a stress free experience.