You when through a break up or divorced and you have given yourself some time and space to focus on you. You have worked through the pain and disappointments that come along with break ups and now, you are ready to start dating again. Good. But, there’s one problem, it has been a while and you are a little nervous. Well, don’t be. Here are some tips to help you get back into the swing of things.
1. Evaluate. Make sure you have dealt with all your emotional baggage and is completely healed. You do not want to drag your past into the future. This is the first step and it is very important.
2. Compile. Make a list of all your red flags, those things you are not willing to tolerate or live with. One of the best lesson we learned from break ups is what we don’t want in our next relationship. Make a list of those things you are not willing to put up with and don’t put up with them. The more clear you are about your red flags, the easier things will be.
3. Set a goal. Clarify your intensions. Are you just looking to have a good time or looking for a long term relationship? You have to know what you really want before getting back into the game. Knowing what you want will guide you into the right direction.
4. Be honest. If you’re going to successfully navigate the dating world. It is imperative that you are honest, not only with yourself. But with those you date. The irony of being single is that many men and women state they want honesty but very few have the intestinal fortitude to be upfront and honest with each other. The more you are honest with yourself and stay focused as to what you want and are looking for from a person, the easier it will be for you to be honest with others, when you see that you are not a good match for each other.
5. Be yourself. It a person is going to fall in love with you, you want that person to fall in love with the real you. Relax and have fun with it. It is called dating for a reason. You can’t go wrong with just testing the waters. I can’t stress this enough, be you, be yourself.
Good luck, have a great time dating and hope you find what you desire. You deserve your heart desire, go out and have fun finding it.