15 February 2017 / Berenice Mulubah
Being a feminist, I do get hit hard by my followers, for pointing out the obvious within the Liberian society, when it comes to gender issues. Some believe that I don't like men, especially Liberian men. On the contrary, I love Liberian men. Hating Liberian men is like hating myself. Obviously, I do point out those things that are wrong within our society and most times I am gender specific, but it is also important to point out what is right. Below is a list of the top 5 things that I do admire about Liberian men. This is not tailor to all Liberian men, but majority, based on my observation, experience and the experience of others. Here we go.
1. I love Liberian men culinary skills. There is something so sexy about a man in the kitchen, not because he has to, but because he wants to. It's a turn on for me.
2. I love Liberian men sense of humor. They are very jovial. Sometimes a little too much, but overall, they will keep you laughing when they are in a good space.
3. Liberian men are spenders. They may not be on the top of the romance chart, and that's because the Liberian society interprets spending on a lady as a form of romance, which is Liberian men favorite form of romance.
4. Liberian men like to travel. If they can afford to, they will. If the money is available, you won't get much argument there, "Pack your bags, let's go jue."
5. Liberian men age well. Most Liberian men are not as tall as I would like, but they sure do look good for their ages. That is always a plus.
I love my Liberian brothers.