We all know the phrase, "A friend in need is a friend in deed." But, do you know the difference between a good friend and a toxic friend? Well, we all have that one friend who is bad temper and little jealous. Do you think he or she is a true friend to you? Let's see. Here are 10 major differences between good friend and toxic friend.
1. Good friends celebrate your success. They are really happy with your promotion at work, your new relationship or your new shining car. They will be the first to call you and say, "hey, well done, congrats." Toxic friends get jealous of your achievements. Even your smallest achievement, upset them. They can't pull up with the ideal that someone business is going well. They can like your photos on Facebook, but when you meet them in person, it is easy to notice, they are jealous of you.
2. Good friends know the importance of your alone time. Sometimes, we all can't stand the hustle and bustle of life, so we need our private time. We need to spend time praying, reading good books, watching a movie or walking. True friends understand this and won't get offended, even if we cancel weekend plans with them. Toxic friends, try to occupy all your time. They are like spiders, they literally need all of your time and attention. They easy get offended when you want to spend some time alone and complain about you to others. You always feel guilty when you say no to them.
3. Good friends are caring and empathic. They never judge you and always know how to cheer you up. Toxic friends judge you all the time. They never miss an opportunity to point out your shortcomings.
4. Good friends respect you and value your friendship. You are a very important person to them, so they know how to argue without being personal. Toxic friend lose their temper easily. They can even shout at you in public.
5. Good friends enjoy exchanging opinions. They are interested in your opinion and always listen to you. If they disagree with you, they will express it in the mildest form. Toxic friends only want to win an argument. They think they are always right and try to prove it by any means.
6. Good friends believe your words. Toxic friends doubt everything you say. No matter what you say, they always want to double check.
7. Good friends call you because they miss you. Toxic friends find you only when they need your help.
8. Good friends accept you the way you are, even if you are off the edge, they appreciate your ways. They don't care, they love you. Toxic friends try to change and control you.
9. Good friends are cool with you having other friends. Toxic friends don't like your other friends.
10. Good friends know how to keep a secret. If you tell them, "please don't tell anyone" they will take it seriously. Toxic friends say things they shouldn't say and always add, "I shouldn't have told you this."