12 March 2017 / Dr. Weezs
Stroke occurs when the blood supply carrying oxygen to the brain is cut off due to a blockage or rupture of a blood vessel. The effects of a stroke on the brain can be temporary or permanent, and range from slight to severe.
* Cerebral thrombosis ~ is a blockage of the cerebral artery by a clot which forms inside the artery .
* Cerebral embolism ~ occurs when a wandering blood clot (embolus ) carried in the blood stream becomes lodged in one of the cerebral blood vessel.
* Cerebral hemorrhage ~ occurs when a diseased artery in the brain ruptures and floods the surrounding tissue with blood .
SIGNS / SYMPTOMS
+ Decrease level of consciousness
+ totally unconscious
+ Slow respiration with snoring sound.
+ Unequal pupils.
+ Paralysis or weakness on one side of the body or face.
+ loses ability to speak or slurred.
HOW TO HELP A STROKE VICTIM
* Maintain an open airway .
* Keep the tongue or saliva from blocking the air passage.
* Don't give the victim anything by mouth.
* keep the victim lying down with the head and shoulders raised to alleviate some of the pressure on the brain . If the victim is unconscious, place the victim on the affected side to allow fluid to drain.
* Don't move the victim any more than necessary.
* Keep the victim quite and calm .
* Reassure the victim, who may be quite anxious or nervous
* Obtain medical care as soon as possible .
PLEASE TELL ME HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT THIS EDUCATION. I REALLY NEED YOUR FEEDBACK OK.
I LOVE U ALL BUT GOD LOVE U THE BEST.
# I'm Dr weezs #