EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: “I am in a good state of mind and Quincy B death haven’t affected me negatively” – CIC admits
Kolo-pop Artist, CIC is having a great year so far, few hit songs under his belt and his new earned title as Brand Ambassador for MTN. We had to have check in with the artist. In this interview, CIC opened up about his experience with Quincy B death, love and more.
1. How does it feels to be the brand ambassador for MTN? What are your expectations?
It is a great feeling representing the biggest communication brand, one of the longest serving GSM company in Liberia. I believe with Lonestar I can go places, because they are a company of huge value and will help push my career to the highest peak possible.
2. How do you react to all the negative press about your involvement with Quincy B death? How has it affected you personally and professionally?
- Like the old people will say " you mind the noise in the market, you will never buy". I got goals set, a huge dream, I want to see my dreams become reality, these circumstances are considered road blocks but if you trend wisely and keep your eyes on the prize, the better. I still miss QB... March 3rd is a memory I won't forget. Not much effect I will say cuz I laugh when people say such. It’s funny grown ups are still ignorant. I am in a good state of mind and it haven't affected my music negatively.
3. What's next for you, musically?
For me, I am that kindda out-of-the-box thinker, so I think far beyond. My team and I are working on alot of things cuz I believe my music is not just to be heard in Liberian communities but the world at large. We are making moves. Got a good network in Ghana already, establishing one in Nigeria and South Africa, things are moving as planned. Big collabos already started popping up, the movement has begun.
4. Are you dating anyone?
For now..., I am single . Wanna pay full attention to my music and make sure things go as plan. But I’m still searching for the right person tho... Who knows, maybe she's right around the corner. Lol
5. What would you like to say to your fans at this moment?
I no longer see them as fans, they are my family. I wanna say that I’m grateful for your love and support all through these times. TeamCIC is taking another step and with my family we will grow bigger and better each day.